Sunday 25 October 2009

3 weeks of YWAM

It has been along time since I have posted and I am sorry, so I want to for warn you now that this oculd be a long one, but I really, really encourage you to make time to read this, as I want to both encourage you with what God is doing in my life and then encourage you to do the same.

You will first off be happy to hear I have settled in very well, untiy is so strong at YWAM Carlisle so that is one very important prayer request answered by God, but I want to encourage you that this unity only grows because without we cannot function and are unable to produce any fruit when we speak Gods truth to the nations.

Right Blackpool. I really want to focus on what God did in Blackpool as God has really moved in some incredible ways. We went to blackpool for a week where all the YWAM DTS in England came together this included a tem from Norway and Milan, there was about 130 people in total, truely awesome. That week was for us was all based on evangelism so there has been a lot of practical work invloved.

So here come the encouraging / amazing bits ....

We did a lot of ministry with each other to encourage, to heal (in all its senses), to prophecy dreams, visions and pictures over each other and I want to encourage you that 130 young people for Christ (including myself) have seen major breakthrough from past sin, generational sin, infirmities, fears and have been spoken to directly from God about our identity, our giftings in Christ and our callings. This is only 3 weeks into a 5 and a half month programme. Make no mistake God has not been wasting time.

I want to encourage you as I have learn't so much about hearing from God, I have been taught how to hear from God simply by submiting my thoughts and the enimies lies to Christ. And let me tellyou it is so much easier to hear God, I have found that Gods voice is usually the first thing you hear and to start with was very strange, why ? because it involved serious risk (what if I heard God wrong and spoke over their life), but more to the point what if I was right, which is the bigger risk to take to try and fail or to disobey?

But i want to encourage you that it is ok to get it wrong, I found myself very very rarely getting it wrong and the more I took the risk in trusting what I heard, saw to be Gods voice, the easier it became, the more God spoke. The more risks I took the more my courage and boldness grew, and grown it has. I used to be afraid to speakto someone in the street about Christ let along pray over them, i was fearful of Man. But if God is for us who can be against us?

Now PRAISE GOD I am able to approach someone in the street and simply talk about the gospel and pray for them, sometimes it's a yes sometimes it's a no. But that is not the point. Yours/my obedience lies in taking the risk, if anything else happens that is Gods grace and purpose and the individuals choice to listen. I have learnt that our responsibility is to proclaim and God does the conviction.

I am sorry this has sounded like a preach, but I really want you all who read this to step out so you can see and experiecne first hand the kingdom of God in your lives in real and seriously powerful ways as God loving uses you to bring people to Christ in ways you feel God can never use you.


I want to leave you with an incredible story of the power and nature of God. Blessings and love to you all.

Jon

During our time in Blackpool we did something called a treasure hunt. In the sense that we sit down and ask God to speak to us on who he would like us to bless in the City, we then go out and bless them. The areas we ask God to speak into are (location/name/need/image/unusual).

So one time when we were doing this God specifically told me about a woman who was sitting inside starbucks, she would have long dark brown hair, she will have a mobile phone and a newspaper in front of her. She will have her legs crossed and will be sitting on her own. So I go with my friend into startbucks and initially do not find her and as we turn to leave there in a corner of starbucks was this woman matching the description God have given me down to her legs being crossed. So I approached her and although she did not want to be prayed for it was incfredible to see how her face accepted and frecognised that although quite scary that I perfectly described her but also her acceptance that something Godly had happened. It is also incredible to think that we often don't believe God can be so specific in our lives or that God speaks to us. I beg to differ as my testimony proves.

Bless you all again


FRANKS OVER AND OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment