Wednesday 9 December 2009

God is good ... ALL THE TIME

I am so sorry i have not posted for a long time, so much has happened and even now I struggle to thik what to write and where to start, so again I encourage you to pry deeper =)

OK since the last double whammy post i have been through 2 new weeks of lectures one on he 'Fear of Man and the Fear of the Lord' and the other on ' the Holy Spirit'.




Both have been incredible in their own unique ways. The 'Fear of Man and the Fear of the Lord' well as you can probably guess is in the title. The hwole week was based on getting rid of the fear of man and bringing on the fear of the Lord. It is very hard to go into lots of detail as the teaching itself was very simple but very powerful. It was full of lots of proclaiming and something wonderful i learnt was this.

'To proclaim brings new revelation of God'.




This revelation brings on joy, it brings on peace, hope, it increases faith, love. I find myself finding it easierm to hear the Holy Spirits prompting in words, pictures and scriptures. It something that strengthens you up and creates a Holy Boldness inside which soon expresses itself externally in worship, adoration and action. It becomes as natural as breathing.

I found it very interesting that when we do these things how much the Holy Spirit WANTS to speak to us, so often we just bypass any thought, scripture, picture that comes into our head as just our foolish human thinking or coincidence. I have have found it is is these exact thoughts more often than not are coming straight from God to us - and we are rejecting them. There is obviously room for discernment we get it wrong, but I want to encourage you to take the risk, I found myself right more than not (infact there hasn't been much wrong - WOW).

So if you want to hear the Holy Spirit speaking to you - praise God, adore him, get yourself in a position our being absolutely head over heals for you God, then you'll find that scriptures, pictures and words come easily, because we are in a place to listen.




I also want to really thank you for your prayers. I could go into lots of detail but i'll spare you that and let you make the first move and ask me. But in very shirt myself and many many others found freedom from fears that have plauged our lives for as long as we could remember. God is doing a wonderful work and once again i encourage you to keep praying because your prayers having such a huge impact in our lives you cannot even begin to imagine.


The holy Spirit week was another very simple week (well in structure and message). I could go on for hours about what happened to me so again for the sake of time and you having to read a whole essay of a testimony I want to encourage you to ask me and I will with muvch joy tell you what God has been doing in beautiful detail =)

But I will tell you what I have learnt. It is so easy to say that the Holy Spirit is a person and not a force, and I used to be one of those people. But so so often we treat the Holy Spirit as an inpersonal force who doesn't really have feelings too many Christians say one thing but truely believe another. The effects it's sad to say are crippling.


So the week on the Holy SPirit has taught me that the Holy Spirit is such a onwderfully close companion who loves us and therefore gives me the freedom and ability to say back 'I love you Holy Spirit'. That makes so much difference. I now can ask to Holy Spirit questions and I can expect answers - further more I get them, with clarity.

Did you know that the Holy Spirit wants us to be aware of his presence and what he is doing and wants us to be sensitive to him and the spiritual world (makes sense since we are spiritual beings) and act on it. I didn't use to, but I do now and I have found it is so wonderfully freeing.

The message seems to be the same at the end of every week. INTMACY WITH GOD THE FATHER, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT. What a wonderful and satisfying revelation.


I can't wait to share what I learn this week on the 'Father Heart of God'



Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. good to see you are getting so much from your time with YWAM. it's uplifting to see you getting more intimate with God in all his forms. I hope you continue to enjoy youself. Take care' Joy. xxx

    ReplyDelete