Thursday 18 March 2010

Returning to England

Well there we go that is it, my DTS adventure is over. I want to apologise for not keeping in better contact with you, in Africa I had very little access to internet and for the outreach I used a different blog which didn't really go as well as we hoped or planned so I am sorry if you have felt out the loop.

But what an adventure God has done so much and I have learnt so much. I want to share with you breifly three things that I will taking away with me.

1. We are all have different personalities and I struggled a lot on this DTS relationally because I was the only one who had a very forward, direct personality while everyone was literally different to me. For me this was difficult because I could not relate and it caused a lot of tension. But in this time I learnt how to let go, how to be patient, how to listen and how to submit, and God did an unbelievable healing of rejection in my life. I am quite literally not the same person anymore because of this.

2. Hearing Gods voice is easy and I was surprised at how much clarity we get. God speaks I found all the time the problem is we just put it to one side thinking it to be our own thoughts. I realised there is discernment needed in this of course, but I found the more I took risks with trusting it to be Gods voice the easier it is to discern Gods voice from your own or the enemies. This is the exciting bit, the risks I took turned out to be God speaking.

3. Gods healing power. I have seen God heal people physically, emotionally, spiritually. I have seen God before my very eyes meet peoples personal needs, such as giving them a job, or bringing their children home. Things we take for granted but to them means everything.


I want to leave you with a select list of what God gave me the pleasure of allowing to be apart of and see. Remember Philippians 4: 13 - "I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me".


- in Parkwood (a Shanty Town in Muizenberg). I saw 3 people become Christians because God gave me the urge to ask them if they wanted to give their lives - so they did. A few days later 2 out of 3 came to Church.

- in a farming community me and a few others prayed for a mother for her son to come to know the Lord as we prayed he walked in and God asked us to invite him to become a follower and he did, we left him praying with his mother.

- a woman in Ashton (a farming community) really needed a job so we prayed. Later that day we saw her and she said she was on her way to a job interview. The next day we saw her again and she excitedly said she got the job.

- we met a mother who's little boy had been coughing for 2months and the little boy was sad and wasn't happy. So we prayed and the next morning we met her again and God overnight had healed the little boys cough and he was playing, laughing and having fun.

- I prayed for a woman with another guy to healed from arthritis which was affecting her whole body so we prayed and God mercifully healed her of it. She then started to cry so we asked her what was going on and she exclaimed that she hadn't told us about her bad back and that as she saw me and this other guy walking up her garden and as she saw us God healed her back as well.

- We prayed for a woman with bad hearing and sight and God healed her also.

- I had the pleasure of praying for a woman called Rose and as we prayed we felt the presence of God flood into that room and bless Roses's socks off. The Hoyl Spirit wont be leaving any time soon.

- In Mossel Bay in a farming community we witnessed 10 people gives their lives back to Christ.


My journey with YWAM does not end here this is just the beginning of a new chapter of my life. I am applying to do a School of Evangelism in Norway. So please pray for money to come through but also that while i wait for it to come in September that I do not forget what I have leanrt this past 6 months and I get involved and apply it back here in England to be a witness to all. And pelase ask questions I have barely scratched the surface with stories.


God bless you and thank you for all your support.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is just fantastic, Jon. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Linn

    ReplyDelete