Sunday 29 August 2010

Forgiveness of God (Pre Norway)

Why oh why God are we so weak and fickle, praising you with our tongues and bodies one minute and the next heaping abuse and scorn onto your name. I find it one of the most frustrating things in the world but yet once again God shows up on the scene we tell ourselves oh I've done it now I can't be forgiven this time, but what God does next I think is one of the most amazing things ever which i think is best described by Paul in

Romans 5: 20
"..... But where sin increased, grace increased all the more"

Hey wait a minute if our relationship with God was a game of Trumps our worst rebellion is trumped by Gods ability and choosing to forgive us, interesting we can't out-trump Gods grace.

Romans 6: 1-3 "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase. By no means! We are dead to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"

That one is a beauty. So we are dead to sin which must mean we are alive to righteousness. But that than brings up the question why do I keep sinning. My conclusion 'because I forgot how much Jesus loves me. A sad but I believe a fair conclusion. And sadder still that at times it takes sin to realise it because it is at that point we are at our most humble and honest state and this is where I find Daddy turns up and shows us that nothing has changed he is still our God and we are still his people.

2 Chronicles 7: 14 "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Lamentations 3: 22-23 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

I for one am thankful that God is still rooting for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment